Saturday, March 7, 2009

New Mexico, Continued

The mountains at sunset in Alamogordo. It is very beautiful here. This picture was taken on our way back from El Paso, which is just a short distance south of here.

This is a picture of the house where my family lived when I graduated from high school. It looks a little different. They have added a small wall in the front of the house and have put a large garage in the back yard. The area is very congested now, but when we lived there it was only desert across the street.

But, it is still a nice looking place. I remember the picture of my father laying beside a blade of grass, happy to see that little bit of green in the desert. I am always surprised to see how much the trees have grown in 35 years.

This is the school that my brothers attended when we lived in El Paso. I am not sure if my sister attended the same school.

This is a picture, taken from the car, of the high school where I graduated. It seems different, though they still sported the picture of the trooper, their mascot, on the front of the school building.

It was interesting to visit El Paso. It is large and sprawling, and not somewhere I can imagine ever living again. But, I enjoyed making a visit to the places I remember so fondly.
This was a happy time in my life.

No comments: